Garmin Striker Plus 7cv Reviews
The Garmin Striker Series 7CV model is a great fish finder that combines advanced technology and user-friendly design.
With a sleek 7-inch WVGA display, it weighs 1.7 pounds and measures 9.3 inches in length, 2.3 inches in width, and 5.5 inches in height.
The device has Garmin’s CHIRP traditional and CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonars. It also has built-in Garmin Quickdraw Contours mapping software, Wi-Fi connectivity for the ActiveCaptain app, and GPS for easy navigation.
The model’s compact size and powerful capabilities make it a game changer for anglers, making it one of the best in the market.
Let’s review the Garmin Striker Plus 7CV specs, features, and FAQs in detail.
Garmin Striker Plus 7cv Specifications
|Garmin Striker Plus 7cv
|9.3” x 5.5” x 2.3” (23.5 x 14.0 x 5.8 cm)
|1.7 lbs (0.8 kg)
|800 x 480 pixels
|Traditional: 50/77/200 kHz, CHIRP (mid and high), ClearVü 260/455/800 kHz
|500 W (RMS)
|Bottom Lock (Shows Return From The Bottom Up)
|Water Temperature Log
|Fish Symbol Id (Helps Identify Fish Targets)
|Autogain Technology (Minimizes Clutter; Maximizes Targets)
|Adjustable Depth Line (Measures Depth Of Underwater Objects)
|A-Scope (Real Time Display Of Fish Passing Through Transducer Beam)
|Water Temperature Sensor Included
|One 4-pin transducer port
|Wireless Connectivity: Yes
|Course over Ground (COG)
|Current draw @ 12V: 0.55A
Garmin Striker Plus 7cv Key Features
Compact Design and Durability
The Garmin Striker Plus 7cv impresses with its compact dimensions of 9.3 x 5.5 x 2.3 inches, accommodating a range of boat setups. Weighing 1.7 lbs and rated IPX7 for waterproofness, it promises both durability and reliability in various weather conditions.
The device features a WVGA color display with an 800 x 480 pixel resolution.
This high-resolution screen delivers clear and crisp visuals, essential for accurate identification of fish and underwater structures.
Advanced Sonar Technology
The Striker Plus 7cv operates on multiple frequencies, including traditional sonar (50/77/200 kHz), CHIRP sonar (mid and high), and ClearVü (260/455/800 kHz), powered by a 500 W (RMS) transmitter.
This versatility provides detailed and comprehensive underwater imaging.
- Bottom Lock: Enhances visibility of the bottom terrain.
- Water Temperature Log: Essential for tracking ideal fishing spots.
- Split-Screen Zoom: Focuses on specific areas without losing the overall view.
- Fish Symbol ID: Simplifies fish target identification.
- Autogain Technology: Reduces clutter for clearer sonar images.
- Adjustable Depth Line: Measures the depth of underwater objects.
- A-Scope: Offers real-time display of fish movement.
Enhanced Connectivity: The 4-pin Transducer Port
The “One 4-pin transducer port” ensures a stable connection for the transducer, vital for accurate sonar readings. Its compatibility with various Garmin transducers allows anglers to tailor their setup for specific fishing needs.
Navigation and Wireless Functionality
With integrated GPS, wireless connectivity, and Quickdraw Contours, the Striker Plus 7cv excels in navigation and map creation. Mark waypoints and monitor your course with ease, while the device’s efficient 0.55A current draw at 12V ensures energy-efficient operation.
What’s in the box?
- Compact and Durable: Ideal size and IPX7 waterproof rating ensure reliability and versatility.
- High-Resolution Display: Crisp and clear WVGA color screen with 800 x 480 pixel resolution.
- Advanced Sonar Capabilities: Multiple frequencies including traditional, CHIRP, and ClearVü sonar.
- User-Friendly Features: Includes intuitive tools like Split-Screen Zoom and Fish Symbol ID.
- Integrated GPS and Wireless Connectivity: Enhances navigation and allows for easy map creation with Quickdraw Contours.
- Energy Efficient: Low current draw of 0.55A at 12V.
- Inadequate for Jet Skis: Difficult to mount on Jet Skis and lacks a smaller version.
- Limited Preloaded Maps: Absence of specific maps, like for SW Florida, requiring manual download.
FAQs on Garmin Striker Plus 7CV Fish Finder
The Garmin Striker Plus 7cv is a compact, durable fish finder with a high-resolution WVGA color display, making it ideal for various fishing environments.
It features advanced sonar capabilities with multiple frequencies, including traditional, CHIRP, and ClearVü.
Key advantages include its user-friendly features like Split-Screen Zoom and Fish Symbol ID, integrated GPS for easy navigation, wireless connectivity, and energy efficiency with a low current draw.
However, some notable downsides are its challenging installation on Jet Skis, lack of preloaded maps for specific regions, flimsy power cord connections, and an online-only, complex user guide. These issues can affect its suitability for certain users and environments.
Despite these concerns, the device is generally well-regarded for its functionality and customization options, as evidenced by its 4-pin transducer port and overall performance, making it a valuable tool for most fishing activities.